What do the specifications mean?
As you probably found out, there are many different types of paper shredders out there. We want you to be satisfied with the shredder that you choose. You can do this in 3 easy steps. So lets go through this, step by step and choose the right shredder for you. Let me remind you that you can always call us for a free consultation if you have any questions or concerns. (800) 992-5279. Morevoer you can also read about our brand for further information.
Step 1: Choosing a Type
Strip-cut shredders are ideal shredders for personal and small office document disposal.
Best for offices and departments where medium security standards are in practice.
High Security Shredders
Most secure shredders that can shred sensitive documents into dust.
Based on your preferences, make a choice between the three and lets move on to step 2.
Step 2: Feed Opening WidthThe Feed Opening is the part of the shredder where the paper enters. The width varies and increases as model numbers increase which ranges from 8 inches to 18 inches. There are several reasons why this is important.
- You must choose the shredder width based on the size of the documents you will be shredding. (The standard paper size 8 ½ x 11, easily fits in any of the Destroyit shredders.)
- If you plan to shred continuous form documents wider than 12 inches, it is best to focus on our High Volume Shredders that offer a 16 inch feed opening which will allow you to shred continuously without constant watch. (The biggest width of the Mid-Size Shredders is 12 inches.)
- Continuous forms will constantly jam if you have a smaller feed opening.
Based on what size documents you will be shredding, choose the model with the appropriate feed opening. If you will be only shredding standard size paper you can consider the smaller models but you will have to take into account the power of the shredder (Output) which is step number three.
Step 3: Output/Speed
- The output is measured in pounds per hour and is an indication of the speed and power of the shredder. You need to know what kind of power you want to work with.
- Many times purchasing a bigger more powerful shredder pays off depending on your volume. If you are doing very little shredding the low models will be sufficient.
Based on what kind of power (output) you are looking for choose the Destroyit Paper Shredder that best suits your needs. Three easy steps is all it takes!
Keywords and Specifications
|Shred Size:||The size of the shredded pieces after the document has been shredded.|
|Sheet Capacity:||The maximum sheets of paper the shredder can handle at a time.|
|Speed(ft./min.):||The speed at which the shredder shreds measured in feet per minute. (measure of power)|
|Output (lbs./hr.):||The weight of the shredded pieces measured in pounds per hour. (measure of power)|
|Feed Opening:||The width of the mouth (entry point) of the shredder.|
|Electrical (V AC):||The electrical power the shredder needs to operate.|
|Ship Weight (lbs.):||The shredder weight along with the packaging.|
|Personal Shredder:||Smaller, lighter shredder made for low volume shredding.|
|Mid-Size Shredder:||Mid-size shredder ideal for a small office, medium volume shredding.|
|High Volume Shredder:||Bigger more powerful shredder that can even handle CD's and file folders and high volume paper shredding. Ideal for a bigger office in a centralized position with higher volume shredding|
|High Capacity Shredder:||Safer and more convenient than using an outside shredding service that can shred bound ledgers, ring binders, stacks of printouts, storage media such as tapes and CD's- even entire wastebasket contents can be fed into these powerful Industrial sized Destroyit shredders.|
|Cutting Heads:||The physical blades that cut the paper into pieces. Destroyit models offer 5-year warranty on this part.|
If you are still not sure which shredder to purchase you can always contact us or you can book a Live Demo. And in case you have ordered a shredder that may not be best for you. We offer a hastle free return, but please have a look at our return policy first.